Free School Meals
Do you qualify for free school meals?
By taking up your entitlement to a free meal for your child, they will be getting a free, hot and healthy meal at lunchtime, saving you more than £350 a year.
Did you know...just registering your child for free school meals means that the school gets extra money?
The government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. With this money we could provide your child with opportunites that might not otherwise be available to them. This funding is called the 'Pupil Premium'.
Do you qualify?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part iv of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
To apply for free school meals please contact the School Food Service (details below). Registering is very easy.
- Telephone the School Food Service on 0114 2735705 or 0114 2736401
- Download a free school meal application form
- Use the online application form on the School Food Service website which will be processed by the next working day at the latest.
- Email the council at email@example.com
- Application forms are also available from the school office and must be returned to the address supplied on the form.
No one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming. Register now to make sure we don't miss out.